The DC Interagency Council on Homelessness is holding a special meeting on Tuesday, October 26th at 9:30am, to vote on the Winter Plan for the upcoming hypothermia season. The meeting will be held at MPD Regional Operations Command (ROC) 801 Shepherd St NW. With regard to meeting the needs of families this winter, the current version of the Plan relies upon outplacing families into housing at a quick enough pace to free up capacity in the shelters. Already the District has been unable to keep up the anticipated pace, and there is no back-up plan identified. We urge concerned community members to attend the ICH meeting.
Find us on Social Media
- Action Alert: Tell DC Council to Stand with, Not Against, People Experiencing Homelessness
- DC Council Says Costs of Helping Homeless People Too High As It Hands Over $82 Million to a Developer
- Over 40 Organizations Say Vote No in HSRA Bill Sign-on Letter
- Action Alert – The HSRA Bill goes before full DC Council on November 7!
- Continuing Eligibility Standards for Shelter must be Fair, Just, and Transparent
- ACTION UPDATE on the HSRA!
- TAKE ACTION today on the HSRA!
- Build Bridges Not Walls: Oppose Mayor Bowser’s Proposed Residency Standard
- DC’s Current Residency Requirement Puts Homeless Youth and Families at Risk
- Reform Rapid Re-housing Now to Increase Housing Stability