The DC Interagency Council on Homelessness is holding a special meeting on Tuesday, October 26th at 9:30am, to vote on the Winter Plan for the upcoming hypothermia season. The meeting will be held at MPD Regional Operations Command (ROC) 801 Shepherd St NW. With regard to meeting the needs of families this winter, the current version of the Plan relies upon outplacing families into housing at a quick enough pace to free up capacity in the shelters. Already the District has been unable to keep up the anticipated pace, and there is no back-up plan identified. We urge concerned community members to attend the ICH meeting.
Find us on Social Media
- Stand With Congress Heights
- Making 2018 Part of the Journey Toward a Just DC
- The Winter Solstice Holds Both Promise and Pain – In Memorium
- The Final Homeless Services Reform Amendment Act: Where We Stand
- It Matters Where We Stand – Remarks by Patty Mullahy Fugere
- Dear DC Council, please read this before your final vote on the HSRA bill.
- Three Decades of Gratitude
- Action Alert: Tell DC Council to Stand with, Not Against, People Experiencing Homelessness
- DC Council Says Costs of Helping Homeless People Too High As It Hands Over $82 Million to a Developer
- Over 40 Organizations Say Vote No in HSRA Bill Sign-on Letter