The DC Interagency Council on Homelessness is holding a special meeting on Tuesday, October 26th at 9:30am, to vote on the Winter Plan for the upcoming hypothermia season. The meeting will be held at MPD Regional Operations Command (ROC) 801 Shepherd St NW. With regard to meeting the needs of families this winter, the current version of the Plan relies upon outplacing families into housing at a quick enough pace to free up capacity in the shelters. Already the District has been unable to keep up the anticipated pace, and there is no back-up plan identified. We urge concerned community members to attend the ICH meeting.
Find us on Social Media
- ACTION UPDATE on the HSRA!
- TAKE ACTION today on the HSRA!
- Build Bridges Not Walls: Oppose Mayor Bowser’s Proposed Residency Standard
- DC’s Current Residency Requirement Puts Homeless Youth and Families at Risk
- Reform Rapid Re-housing Now to Increase Housing Stability
- This Crisis Cannot be Solved by Imposing Arbitrary Time Limits on Housing
- Requiring that Families Show “Clear and Convincing Evidence” of Homelessness
- Mayor Bowser’s Proposed Changes to Homeless Services Law: Reducing Bathrooms in DC General Replacements
- DC’s Progressive Values Must Guide Its Homeless Services Policies
- The time to speak up about the Homeless Services Reform Act is now!